How does one get off the merry-go-round?

I'm interested in hearing from or about music lovers who have dropped out of the audio "hobby." I don't mean you were content with your system for 6 weeks. I mean, you stood pat for a long time, or--even better--you downsized...maybe got rid of your separates and got an integrated.

(I suppose if you did this, you probably aren't reading these forums any more.)

If this sounds like a cry for help, well, I dunno. Not really. I'm just curious. My thoughts have been running to things like integrated amps and small equipment racks and whatnot even as I continue to experiment and upgrade with vigor (I'm taking the room correction plunge, for example.) Just want to hear what people have to say on the subject.

---dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
Someone said on this forum several years ago "we're all as crazy as we can afford to be".

There is no way off once you've gotten on. So, you'll stay on the merry-go-round for as long as you have money, or until you pass on to the great high-end audio salon in the sky.
I also have three systems, but the main system is far superior so listening to the other two is always a bit of a let down.
I've spent a life time trying to get friends interested in audio and on the so called merry go round, now some people here want to get folks off it, thats when you start to lose interest. Changing components is what makes this hobby interesting and makes it a hobby not just a pass time.
My basement system is comprised of a Marantz 2252 rcvr, a Denon cdp, and various speakers I switch in and out. Vintage JBL's, Cerwin Vega's, Wharfedales, Advents, etc. I get nearly as much enjoyment out of them as I do the main rig. I guess I'm doomed...