how does the Hana LOMC cartridge sound at 100 ohms?

Hana cartidges have got a lot of good reviews.The recommended impedance for the LOMC is > 400 ohms. Most phono preamps, including mine,  are set at 100 ohms for moving coil. Does this mean the Hana will sound too bright if used at 100 ohms. Anyone tried it at 100 ohms???
rrm
rrm
The recommended impedance for the LOMC is > 400 ohms. Most phono preamps, including mine, are set at 100 ohms for moving coil. Does this mean the Hana will sound too bright if used at 100 ohms
If the recommended cartridge loading is more than 400 ohms but you load it to 100 ohms, the result will be less brightness, not more.
You could set your pre at 47k and the solder a resistor in line on an rca, if your preamp doesn’t allow for resistor changes. In general I have found that a 400 ohm load played back at 100 ohms will roll off the highs and create a less than accurate picture of what your cartridge can do. It makes it sound boring and dull.

I have the Hana EL MC cartridge and my head amp (ARC MCP-1) only does 110 ohms.

It sounds fantastic.

I started a discussion on this a while back and got some very valuable feedback...

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/input-impedance-load-on-a-cartridge