How good is the Shunyata Venom Silver A/C outlet?

I thought my Wattgate A/C outlet was expensive, but I just saw a Venom A/C Outlet in the 2005 Musicdirect catalog listing for $195! Can this outlet really be that good? Thanks! Stan
talon4
Samuel, I think a good outlet is the most cost effective *device* in an audio/video system. I'm glad to know there's another choice in the market. Congratulations.

Now, we need Lak to test one of these in his system and write a review! Maybe Shunyata will send him one for evaluation and posting a review...

Larry, where are you?

"Well Oli, this is another fine mess that you've gotten me into." -Stan Laurel... It wasn't my intention to start a controversy of any kind. I'm interested in an exceptional A/C outlet for an amp that I plan on upgrading to in the next month or two. I was just wondering if anyone had tried this outlet, and yes at $195 this does seem expensive. As we all know, the Shunyata Hydra 8 and earlier Hydra models are top of the line power conditioners. Personally, I'd like to have one some day. The Shunyata Silver Venom A/C outlet is "used in all their Hydra models," according to Music Direct's 2005 catalog.(page 55)-I'm sure that this is a VERY good outlet. I talked to Shunyata Research's Caelin Gabriel about 5 years ago, concerning my Shunyata Black Mamba that I own. He was very knowledgeable, and very much the gentleman. He talked to me for over twenty minutes, over the phone, explaining his products, breakin, etc. I left that conversation very impressed. I think that their A/C outlet is probably exceptional, full of long hours of research and development, and competitive with the best out there. I was just wondering how it compared to other upper end outlets. Has anyone tried this outlet? Good Listening! Stan
Sorry! The correct quote is "Well Stanley, this is another fine mess that you've gotten me into."- Oliver Hardy..
I just ordered a Shunyata Venom Silver A/C outlet for $99. I'm going to A/B it with my Wattgate A/C outlet, after it's broken in. I plan to break it in for thirty days running in line with my freezer, and then using it on my cd player and amp. I hope it's as good as the rest of the Shunyata line.... PS- my new resolution-never post something, (my 01-22-05 post), just after working a 16 hour shift. Thanks all!
Hmmmm... I just installed my Shunyata Venom Silver A/C outlet inline with my freezer. The outlet is wide. Oversized, I guess. It's a Hubbell outlet alright. It came snuggly fit in a nice black, labeled box, which says, "Venom Silver Outlet- Shunyata Research, Inc." However, the oulet doesn't have any instructions/recommendations that came with it. It also doesn't have any markings on the face--- manufacturer name, star in bottom left corner (wattgate), or triangle in bottom left corner (JPS Labs). (I'm not sure what the bottom left markings indicate--electrical requirements probably) It's beefy, but generic looking. I plan to install it in my system in 30-45 days. I just thought I'd update this thread with some basic observations. Thanks for reading.