How To Route Streaming Music From iPad 2 to DAC?

I am about to purchase an iPad 2. Amongst the other things I would like to utilize it for is streaming subscription based music to my Bryston BDA-1 DAC in order to route it to my preamp.

I checked out the Cambridge Audio iD100 dock, which is priced right, at $299.00, but it only works with the original iPad. I haven't found anything else out there. I would greatly appreciate any information on what other options might be available to me to accomplish this. Thanks.

JC
nightfall
If this can be accomplished - it would be great! I've heard the Camera Kit link does connect via USB out - but, what is it designed for? moving jpeg files? mpeg? Not sure about continous streaming. The Cambridge dock sounds interesting - can't believe it won't accomodate an IPad 2. Good luck -
" The Cambridge dock sounds interesting - can't believe it won't accomodate an IPad 2. Good luck -"

Yes, the Cambridge dock was actually only available this year, but they apparently did not realize (not that I knew either) that the iPad 2 has a different connector. Word is that they are looking into it and coming up with a solution, per my conversation with Audio Advisor yesterday, who is a Cambridge dealer.

JC
"Apple Airport Express will give you by far the most convenient way to do it (wirelessly with AirTunes) -- this will allow you to still use th iPad for other stuff at the same time. Sound quality with an external DAC can be very good . . . way more than sufficient for any streaming audio service."

This sounds perfect for my needs. I have to confess that I had to research the Airport Express to see how it would work. Apparently I would use the USB port on the Airport Expresss to connect to the USB input on my DAC? My one concern is that the USB port on my Bryston BDA-1 DAC is limited to sample rates of 48kHz or lower.

JC
My understanding is the airport express only streams music through the optical port. I don't believe the USB port will allow streaming.
05-09-11: Jcote
"My understanding is the airport express only streams music through the optical port. I don't believe the USB port will allow streaming."

Thanks for the clarification. When I looked at the enlarged photo of thhe airport express it showed only an ethernet connection, the USB and an audio mini-jack. Apparently, the minijack is both analog and optical.

JC