Hydra 8 versus Trition

I have a Hydra 8 and thinking about upgrading to the new Trition is it worth the investment.
mikemerola
yep and bring your checkbook. it's not subtle...lower noise, better dynamics and MUCH better clarity. It's a injection of resolution...but even more natural presentation. nothing goes backwards....only steps forward...
Hi Mike, over the last few years, I have experienced the Shunyata V-Ray2, Triton, and a couple of other conditioners from other companies... I found Triton to be an amazing device I much prefered it over any other conditioner I tried, including the admittedly excellent Shunyata V-Ray 2. The audible enhancement of resolution, staging/imaging, and harmonic coherence was that of
a primary component rather than what I expected from a mere conditioner. At the time, it removed the last traces of spurious treble cross-modulation on
complex passages of high strings. Interestingly, it was the only conditioner that I have tried which did not cause my old 500W Rowland M312 to exhibit
signs of macro/micro dynamic depression On the contrary!

I have never used the original Hydra 8... But I conjecture that if I comfortably prefer Triton over V-Ray 2, I would probably prefer V-Ray 2 over the original V-Ray, and this last one over its Hydra 8 predecessor... Shunyata has consistently shown audible enhancements from each product generation to the next over its various product lines.

Guido
HI Guido,
Over the week-end I had a chance to put a Transparent and Blue circle in my system just to see how the Hydra 8 would fare.The BC came closest,but the Transparent no way.I have always been happy with the Hydra 8 but if the Triton can do what the Hydra 8 did only better it sounds like a no brainer.
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike, I am not surprised... Just in case you wanted more opinions, Triton is getting raving informal findings by users of extreme systems... See a variety of Triton-related threads at:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/forumdisplay.php?335-Shunyata-Research

I do concur with the positive majority view found on Whatsbestforum on Triton.

G.