I don,t Understand ????

I have 1 pair 6ft . Synergistic de. ref. speaker cable. I Just received email back from synergistic. They want $2600.00 to make the cables into two 3ft. How can anyone want that kind of money for that,,for 2600...
Iam switching to double 3ft runs and for 2600 i have a lot of options..man does that piss me off about this f#^%in hobby
I just needed to get this one off thanks
steve
evo845
Jay it seems that you called it right: "we'll only do it if you REALLY make it worth our while". I once requested an upgrade (as they advertise & seemingly encourage buyers to do) adding active shielding to a discrete-shielded cable pair. The quote was ridiculous; it seemed that they really wanted me to buy more cables instead. So I did; bought used instead & they netted Zero $ & a ticked-off customer. BTW I'd already bought ~$8K worth of their products & I told them that, as a vested customer, that I didn't appreciate their "offer" but business must be very good because the attitude was more-or-less a "so-what".
I Don't Understand why you wouldn't go to a source like the parts connection and buy wbt or vampire or whatever and some shrink wrap and do the terminations yourself. There's 2 connections, hot and ground, period. you cut off the factory termination and see which wires go where.$30 for a weller iron and you can shrink the tubing with a Bic although I don't recommend it. And then you can say, "I did that".
Oops, it's speaker cable. Okay, thats 1 connection, and it's probably a crimp, besides.
Hey Dekay, i need you to contact me right away. I quoted you the wrong price on those "RCA Shunts" that i made for you. 8 "terminations" at $10 apiece sound MORE than reasonable compared to what most of these "wire bandits" are charging : ) Besides that, the materials used in the RCA's consisted of the FINEST low grade metals that money can buy while the plastics had special "non-resonant" dye used in their making. Man, i'm telling ya.... I got ripped off on that one. My prices are going WAY up.... : ) Sean
>
I apologize to everyone for what I am about to say. Ladies and Gents, alot of what we are talking about is of our own doing, me included. Just look at some of the prices that we are willing to pay for accessories in our beloved hobby. I swore that I would never pay more than $100 for a pair of interconnects, but very recently I pulled out the plastic and paid 3 times that without batting an eyelash. I took the cords home and they really did not improve things much over my $100 cords. Why did I buy the cord when I swore I would never do such a thing? I got caught up in the hype. I know what you are saying, another skeptic. Nope, I feel that good wires and cords and tweeks make a difference. It just seems that the marketeers are taking advantage of our love of our hobby and we are playing right into their hands by paying whatever price they dictate. I guess the people who can afford to pay these prices will. But I for one, can no longer do so.