I give up on new vinyl

After getting burned yet again by "audiophile quality" vinyl that sounds like 180 grams of paper getting crinkled next to a mic, I am done. My re-issued Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd albums sound especially bad. Do the record companies buy re-tread vinyl, melt it down, and think that adding weight will make it sound new? The only consistently dependable new vinyl IMO is Rhino and the Beatles Apple re-issues. I would say, for everything else you're better off buying the old, classic pressings. 
128x128mysteriousmrm

I think even though the vinyl is new as Whart says, it may not be as clean as you think or hope it to be....

What's up boss? Looks like were back in business my man. The burning man.

From what I was let do believe in the old days, the main issues with vinyl, besides the recording process, is the manufacturing process.  Typically, the cheaper vinyl is thinner and, most importantly, is stamped quickly and not let to set before removing from the stamping machine.  Evidently, stamping is a variable process that results in quality differences.

We found that the direct-to-disc recordings of Lincoln Mayorga were the best vinyl we every  heard.  Today, I see on the internets that  The Berliner Direct To Disc Recordings are being sold.  I would suggest these and these http://www.elusivedisc.com/Direct-To-Disk/products/2297/
for those who are disappointed by their current purchases.  

I have no idea if these are as good as the Mayorga albums, but they stand a much better chance of sounding accurate than others you may have purchased.  Try them and post and let us see what you think.

Cheers!
Can someone suggest a good online source to help us Vinyl fans sort between weak pressings, and the true quality pressings from good analog source material?  I would appreciate that.  Thanks in advance.