improving digital amp sound

Although I find that digital amps have many advantages, I have also found that the sound is somewhat lean and clinical. Has anyone found that matching a digital amp with a tubed preamp restores some musicality to the sound, or is it just a mask?

Thanks,

Rich
carinaram
Thanks guys. I may try my digital amp with a tube pre. Maybe I am getting a little older but a little distortion sound good. I find as I get a little older I like women with a few more curves (not quite as lean). Maybe the two are connected.
If you have to buy a tubed preamp to try your experiment, I'd suggest not doing so. It's not gonna get you where you want to go. Find some new amps. Digital amps are like Twiggy, or Paris Hilton. No curves. Tube amps are more like women with curves. Ever see a silicon chip? Lots of right angles. Ever see a tube? Curves, curves, curves... :)

BTW, not all digital amps sound the same, and you haven't mentioned which you own.
I have a Mark Levinson SS Pre Amp and Amp. My phono Stage is tubed. BAT Vk 10se. Its the best of both worlds. I tried Aesthetics tubed Pre Amp with SS amp but did not like it.
Try to use a PS audio P300 powerplant. I have tried it with a Nuforce, and made it a darker, nicer sounding piece of amplifier.