Infinity Kappa 9's sound terrible...HELP

Recently I got a pair of Kappa 8's. Plugged them into Adcom 860 preamp and to an old HK Citation 16, GFA-555 and GFA-565's. They sounded...beyond my wildest dreams! Absolutely amazing!

A week later I bought a pair of Kappa 9's. Was really excited thinking they would out preform the k-8's! Plugged them into the same system and they sounded like crap. Tried running each k-9 to 1 GFA-565 and bi-wire them, changed all knobs to flat, experimented with the adjustments on the back of the k-9's in every conceivable position, ran them in standard and extended bass modes...and they still sounded terrible!

Has anyone experienced this before? Any tests or checks I can do to eliminate any doubts of anything? If I can't resolve this on my own, I guess I'll have to take the speakers somewhere...if I can a reliable source between the Philadelphia to Harrisburg, PA area.

Also, if any can suggest any good techs between the Phila and Harrisburg area for amplifier rebuilds (Adcom GFA-555 II models) I would also appreciate getting a name and address.

Thanks guys...appreciate your help!
barricadedbob
After doing some reading -- it looks like I should be able to find the crossover I need for biamping at just about any car audio shop.  Is this the case?
After doing even more reading -- it looks like it is common for people to just use a y cable from each channel of the pre-amp to plug into both amps.  This may explain why most threads didn't mention adding a crossover specifically.
Is it really this easy?

This is my last comment on this thread. Yes indeed, it is as easy as I suggested in the last post. Another hot tip: these days the best place to go for your RCA cable needs is a car audio shop. They still use crossovers and RCA cables everywhere!
For $50 I ended up with all the RCA splitters and connectors I could have wanted, as well as a passive gain adjuster just in case. I now have the HCA-3500 going to the low pass and the PA-7 going to high pass. I will A/B the PA-7 vs. the Adcom 545 whenever I have some more spare time.
Next time I have a little bit of money and time I’ll try adding an active crossover just for fun. It looks like there is an affordable one from a company called "Biamp" that will handle low/high/sub just fine. I’ll probably have to give up on finding a single box that can manage both 2 channel music and 5.1/7.2/etc properly... so I’m probably going to have to run 5.0 or 7.0 or whatever since 2 channel is more important to me. Perhaps there are subs out there with multiple inputs? That might work.

Thanks again for these forums! I started with practically no bass due to the lowest woofer being wired backwards -- now I am biamping and I may actually have too much low end. Amazing for 1980s pre-subwoofer gear!

Unfortunately the #1 remaining problem is echo. The theater room is all drywall and hardwood floors (we just moved in to a new house). It makes the most sense to solve this before any other tweaking.
Thanks again