Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
I suppose if you are spending $600K on a pair of Magico Ultimates, than what’s a mere $12K for cable.
 That is likely the most prudent way to look at it overall.

Now just need save up $612k......
At this time, I would like to promote a high end, labor intensive, patented design IC from my friend at http://www.groverhuffman.com/interconnects He also has an Empress + (at $450/m) and the new Pharoah ICs (at $1,000/m). A common thread in this discussion is the problem of consistently achieving uniform sonic results from a cable from various equipment. Often, cables are touted as mere tone controls. With Mr. Huffman’s cables, there are tonal balance differences; however, the overall neutrality and high definition allow his cables to extract great sonic results from a broad range of equipment. In my own home, I use his Empress cables on my 2nd audio system and both video/audio systems which include a highly modified Dynaco ST70 and custom tube pre-amp as well as audio/video Yamaha CR620 receivers and associated cable, blu-ray, other analog front end equipment. I use his Pharaoh on my main system for the pre-amp-amp and CD player with Empress cables throughout the analog chain.

At several of the past Los Angeles audio shows, we’ve had high end booths demonstrate using Mr. Huffman’s wires. With no real inventory due to their high demand and labor intensive manufacturing, despite pleas from the demonstrators, we couldn’t leave the cabling for more than an hour at any one room. Some of the rooms were using the dreadful High Fidelity and Transparent Audio cables which also sell for enormous amounts and ruined the demonstrations. Someday, Mr. Huffman would like to try his cabling against Mastersounds cabling made for Von Schweikert whose demonstrations are fantastic (as agreed upon by at least seven equipment reviewers in the past three years on-line and my wife and I).

So, cabling can enhance or ruin a music system. It can be system dependent; however, good quality cabling should resolve the best qualities of the equipment. Unfortunately, there is equipment for which no cabling can help make more sonically enjoyable.

I want Goner's to note that Mr. Huffman has had a problem selling to high enders due to low prices.  They regularly dismiss his cabling telling him it couldn't be as good as their $10,000-$20,000/m. cabling based on cost alone.  Too bad for them.  It challenged him to continue improving an already proven design.  He came out with his super neutral, super extended Pharaoh ICs at a higher price point to combat price competition at the high end. 
I agree with Elizabeth about purchasing inexpensive gear that sounds great.  My 2nd audio system uses a Pioneer DV-05 from 1998, a dual laser DVD player available for $50 on ebay everyday; however, it is modified at the audio and power stages with six big caps and a $450 powercord.  It is 98% as good as my $6000 EAR Acute.  For both my video/audio systems, I cheaped out and went with Yamaha CR-620s, great sound for little money, of course using superior ICs for it.  I should try SR-Blue fuses in it someday (the video systems are plugged into SR-Red Duplexes for better picture and sound).  

Prof - You (and  few others here) need to get over yourself.  Since when does my opinion "challenge" yours just by EXISTING?  That's whack!!

Listen, I feel that you have every right to your opinion/observation/belief that all cables sound alike.  In fact, if that is what you HEAR, that is your truth.  And nobody should try to convince you otherwise, nor bend your arm to buy some expensive wire.

The other side of that is that you should respect the rights of others whose opinions differ from yours, and consider that maybe they DO hear something.  Even if you are sure that they don't, why argue about it?

My biggest problem with the nay-sayers is that they may discourage newbies from listening for themselves and forming their OWN opinions.

And THAT is criminal!  What if you're wrong and it leads others to miss something that would bring them joy?

Do you see the difference??  I'm not telling anyone what to do or NOT to do... except telling them to listen and make their own decisions.  You are telling them to NOT EVEN TRY, because you have already told them THE TRUTH.  And if they DO hear something, they must be wrong.

I'm not asking YOU to keep an open mind... just allow others too, OK??