Is a GREAT turntable under $2000 possible???

Howdy folks-

I’m really enjoying my current set up and return to 2.1 channel listening and Home Theater. Here’s what I’ve got:

-Mc402 Amp
-Anthem Mrx 520
-Oppo 103 Bdp with Scott Nixon tube dac
-Mac Mini with a Scott Nixon Usb tube dac
-Audience and Wireworld cables
-Tekton Electron speakers

I’d like to introduce vinyl to my evening listening pleasure. Any recommendations for a turntable (including arm, cartridge, etc) under $2000? Is this a reasonable figure? I have no clue when it comes to turntables so any advice given is surely appreciated.

Brent

128x128knollbrent
Latest from this front. Looking to upgrade the following in the near future and would welcome any suggestions or comments you have. Here’s where I’m at now:

-Piega C10 LTDs speakers are here forever. Try and pry em from my dead cold hands.
-McIntosh MC402 amp, love it! Getting another to run mono for more power. I’ve had the McIntosh for 12 years, half in storage.
-Technics 1200GR table. Love it, not interested in upgrading.
The arm, very interested in hearing thoughts on any upgrades or stand pat?
-Lehmannaudio Black Cube 2- Weakest link but I still really like it. It’s my first phono pre and for the price, it sounds great. But for a few extra bucks, I think I can do way better. Sutherland 20/20?
-Current main cart is the MoFi Master Tracker which I really like and have complaints. A couple MC’s and MM’s would be nice to have regardless.
Ortofon Cadenza Blue perhaps?
-My cables are Audience and Shunyata I’m happy there.
-Anthem MRX 520 receiver
-McIntosh C2200 sitting in the closet. I've tried the phono stage on the C2200 and don't prefer it to the Lehmann's. The Anthem has such wonderful room correction. I do like running everything through it. I may tinker a little with the C2200. It's a great preamp for sure!

As for my listening experience now? Lovin it! Listening to Herbie Hancocks Head Hunters album from the dining table and it’s got me movin :) Love the sound and enjoying the experience. I hardly listen to my digital side anymore...

Look forward to your comments
@trelja
@avanti1960
@chakster
@marktomaras

My McIntosh C2200 preamp has been pulled from the closet and dusted off. It's got tubes and sounds fantastic delivering the signal to the Piegas. I was originally running the Anthem for everything due to the room correction and addition of sub for movies. I'll keep the Anthem hooked up for movies, that's it. The C2200 is so good...
Not unless you spend $1000 on tweaks.  

A great table is one that sounds better than my class A digital.

The short answer is  NO
A GOOD  rig can be had, but not a great one; the cartridge alone will hit for 1 K ; I would say  4K for impressive sound, and that would include the cartridge.