Is Digital actually better than Analog?

I just purchased an Esoteric DV-50s. The unit is fantastic in the sense that you can hear every detail very clearly in most recordings. Here is the thing, does it make for an enjoyable musical expereince? With this type of equipment, you can actually tell who can actually sing and who can really play. Some artist who I have really enjoyed in the past come across as, how shall I put it, not as talented. This causes almost a loss of enjoyment in the music.
Which comes to my Vinyl curiousity. I dont own a single record, but I have been curious why so many have kept the LP's (and tubes for that matter) alive for so long after the digital revolution and now I am thinking it is probably has to do with LP's being more laid back and maybe even more musical. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would someone recommend going back to Analog. I was thinking of getting a entry level player like a Scout Master.
128x128musicaudio
Well Nsgarch,

It's hardly ever worth the effort.

BTW: All of the comments about research can be found following the research of Thomlinson Holman and THX and research done by Bell labs for the military in the 40's. The germans we're expirimenting with differential audio signals in the 30's.

Harvard's surround expiriement I believe was in New England Journal of Mediceint but it may have been early 60's, same with MIT's version of the expirement.

BTW nice system too, is that the best one you have?
...expirimenting...expiriement...expirement.
D_edwards (System | Answers)

Experiment. e-x-p-e-r-i-m-e-n-t. Experiment.

Three strikes, you're out!
:)
I know, I know if I'm not being careful I'll spell it every way but the right way.

that word and oppurtunity :)
"recreates the 360 degree algorithms present in all reverb and harmonizing equipment used by professional studios to make recordings? "

Okaaay.

As far as I'm concerned we're talking about apples and oranges. I'll go with you that these effects sound awesome on multichannel. I've used similar digital software effects in my Logic based studio (spatializers and such).

But I don't believe RVG used much "harmonizing equipment".

Of course it is true I still have very much to learn about audio. :-)