Is my Amp OK?

I recently bought brand new speakers - Revel f208. Using them with Cary Audio DMS-500 DAC and Rotel RB-1590.

While I love the sound I am getting, and I am 100% sure the speakers and DAC are great, I feel that I can do better with the Amp. True? If so, what do I get to replace the Rotel RB-1590?
128x128thyname
I auditioned the Bryston 4B3, and I was not very impressed. I did not feel that it did much better than my Rotel RB-1590 to justify its double the price. Very similar sound signature. I was able to audition it with my speakers (Revel f208s).

Any opinions on PS Audio BHK 250?

I am also seriously considering the Cary SA-200.2, and was able to borrow one from a friend to try home for a week.
(((There is no gain mismatch between the DAC and the power amp (both red book standard).)))

I get that but gain is just a number.

Like I said can the OP try to borrow a decent late model Rotel  P R E amp its the thing with Volume control that normally Drives into his existing Rotel amp.????
 I know you already tried a parrasound but not always do preamps fit or interface well together with your amp, its like you are listening through fur and mucks up the moment.
Rotel voiced their preamps with your amp and sound great together.

I know some well-intended, simple-minded, less is more fellow, thinks Dacs direct w VC works.
My take is it's the reason you are not totaly immersed in the music.
 and here searching for something.

With a good preamp matching your Amp, the music will feel complete working tightly together as one which is more important than the amp itself.
 Peace JohnnyR
Curious of your thoughts about the SA-200.2 compared to the Rotel 1590 - I had been a Rotel 1090 user for several years. Changed my system around and went to a Parasound A21 and then to the SA-200.2 which I currently have and love. 
A 1590 became available to me a few months ago and I was curious how Rotel's latest would stack up. I think it is a good amplifier, probably better than the 1090 I used to have, but it pales in comparison to the Cary. The SA-200.2 just has more life to it. Drums in particular sound more real among other things.
For context, I have a Classe CT-SSP preamp running into the Cary, which is driving a pair of Paradigm Signature S6 v3 mains. 
So, going from the 1590 to the SA-200.2 is an upgrade, not a lateral move - especially if you are fortunate to find the Cary for less than $2k...
Time for an update on this: ended with a used Ayre V-5xe I bought locally. To me, it is the best bang for the buck, and matches my sound preferences.

As I am currently running my DAC - PS Audio DirectStream - directly to Amp, I would be looking to find a matching Ayre Preamp, the K-5xe MP to try it with. As these are discontinued, I will have to wait patiently for it.

@pjonall The Cary SA-200.2 although a good amp, it is a bit too polite for my tastes. Vs. Rotel RB-1590, different sound signatures, but I did not feel it was a huge improvement vs. the Rotel.