Is the Bryston BDP-1 worth $$$ over Apple TV

Help needed for a new-bee! I am considering the purchase of a used digital player. Is the Bryston BDP-1 worth the investment over the sound quality and convenience of Apple TV. All of my music is in the Apple lossless format. I have been struggling with this question for weeks! Help is seriously needed.
mike101
I started with a 160gb apple tv and a used flat screen monitor. Total investment was less than $200.00 . You can't beat that price to get into a digital server. If you are happy with all of your music formatted in apple lossless and are on a tight budget, this may be the way to go.

I moved on to a bdp-1 and use dbpower amp to rip my music. It was an enormous jump in sound quality. I bought a used bdp-1 and early apple iPad as a user interface, a 1tb drive and a couple 30gb ssd thumb drives for an investment of about $2000.00 .

You will be able to take advantage of higher resolution source material with the bdp-1. Is that important to you?

If you are pc/mac savy, you could probably put together your own pc/mac based server that would out perform the bdp-1 for less than the cost of a bdp-1.
There seems to be so many successful ways to enjoy digital music. I am currently using an IPad to stream Spotify (premium) to an AppleTV2 to a PSAudio DAC into my stereo. This has been my setup for almost a year and I still have little motivation to go back to my lossless files. Vinyl is still my favorite source for sound quality, but I have to admit that my Spotify listening is very satisfying.
I am considering Pure Music software - thoughts? Amarra seems a bit overpriced. I have a Bryston BDA-1 DAC and Apple TV 2nd generation. It appears the BDP-1 may still be the way to go??? Would I be better off with reclocking (synchro-mesh) the data between ATV and the DAC vs the BDP?
I think the apple TVs sound pretty great. I don't see the need for the BDA 1
I'd just get a Mac mini instead it away cheaper and a lot more versatile. The
synchro mesh is very interesting too. For 99 bucks though its not to risky to
try an Apple TV and see what you think. I'd put the dough you are willing to
spend towards a better DAC and got with an Apple TV