Is the Jolida jd 100 as good as the dealers claim?

I am looking for a tube cd player to use with a mc2500 amp,sae x1p-preamp with seperate power supply,Polk sda-srs speakers.I now have an old pioneer cd changer pdm60 sae p101 tuner.I had all this equipment stored in my house for 14 years and now that the kids are gone I have a seperate room for my equipment.It all still sounds great to me but I have to be missing something with all the upgrades in cd players since back then.I am leaning toward a tube cd player in the 1200.00 range.I have read many good things about the Jolida.Any sugestions?
rocketman4274
The Jolida is one of the best values ever. Musically satisfying, technically well-executed and the price is right.
Yes. As far as Judy426 goes "methinks thou dost protest too much." I have the JD 100 and I also have the Simaudio Nova, a highly regarded unit that costs 3X as much and the Jolida with VH Audio Flavor 4 PC, vibration dampening and NOS tubes gives my Nova a run for the money. It has a slightly tubey, open and natural sound. I hate to use the over-used cliche, but it really does lean towards an analog sound. As Kehut says, listen to the goners here who are endorsing it. It may not be as good as the dealers say but it is defininitely worth the price of admission. Buy with confidence!
I also should add; of course, you should try to get a home audition in your system before purchasing. Please let us know your impressions of the unit.
I listened to Jolida jd100 and Benchmark DAC1 at a store a few weeks ago. Personally, I prefer DAC1 than JD100. The amp was DK VS MKII and the speaker was VS vr4jr. With DAC1, this system had more detail and better bass. The dealer tried to promote JD100 to me first, however, after comparison, both of us thought DAC1 had better performance in this system.
Mamzh, if you heard the Jolida with stock tubes and a stock power cord, you did not hear what that player can do. Not even close. It's no giant killer, in my opinion, but it is one highly musical, non-fatiguing player. I can't say that about half the players I've heard, not at any price.
Howard