Jadis musical value?

If you've heard or owned Jadis amplifiers, I would like your opinion on their performance value. When I see equipment this jewel-like, I tend to question just how much of the manufacturing/design budget was apportioned to performance and how much to aesthetics. Also and more specifically, I have some interest in the Jadis integrateds that come up for resale on Audiogon. Are they recommendable based on their performance alone? Thank you.
phaelon
Audiofeil, that has got to be one of your more ingenius and enlightening posts (IMHO).
I have owned Jadis, in fact the same gear as Rcprince, the JP 200, the JPL, also the 80, the 220, and the 500 mono amps The sound of all their gear, and I am talking of 10 to 25 years ago, is exactly as Rcprince has pointed out: A tad soft, a slight touch of honey, like the first Koetsus, but closer to the musical experience of real live music than ANY of the competition at the time thanks to their almost perfect rendering of microdynamics. Needed the best of NOS tubes to give their best, hence not cheap to buy nor to run. Would stay away from the integrateds in my opinion. You can buy better these days at much less cost. Jadis is no longer as what it once was these days. The competition has not been asleep. However, if you can pick up some of the gear Rcprince has mentioned at a good price and in good working order and if you are familiar with live music you probably will not be disapointed unless your preference is Heavy Metal and such.
I enjoy the preamp JP 80 which a friend has in his system, I find it extremely musical, particularly for classic and Jazz

Another friend has had the double monos, I think the JP 200 ... he sold these because he was tired of having problems ...
I have owned a JPL and a Defy 7. Very musical system, makes you forget the hifi. Bass and high frequencies are not exceptional, but with the JPL you can follow the tune of back instruments or when it moves from an instrument to another like no other electronics I have listened to.
If used with quality tubes Jadis are very reliable.
BTW, I still have to listen to a Jadis system with my Soundalab A1 PX.
Hi,

I am close to taking a leap with a Jadis Orchestra RC (the remote version, the only version my local dealer carries) but I also have a strong urge to own a 300B system (Cary 300BSEI). I read above about biasing in the JOR is a pain. How much of a pain in the back side is that?