Jadis musical value?

If you've heard or owned Jadis amplifiers, I would like your opinion on their performance value. When I see equipment this jewel-like, I tend to question just how much of the manufacturing/design budget was apportioned to performance and how much to aesthetics. Also and more specifically, I have some interest in the Jadis integrateds that come up for resale on Audiogon. Are they recommendable based on their performance alone? Thank you.
phaelon
I had JOR, DPMC and CD3 for couple of years that I had bought used. Zero problems and yes indeed they deliver good musical value.
Hi Phaelon,

I'm surprised to hear that you felt the VivA Solista sounded like it was "straining" to deliver the goods. My speakers (Hansen Prince V2s) are not as efficient as your JM Labs (87dB vs. 91.5dB), and I drove them to appropriately loud levels without a hint of them running out of steam.... I was so impressed with the VivA Solista's performance that I actually called the dealer late on a Friday evening to pass along my elation! Perhaps your cables had something to do with what you were hearing?!?
Wildwildwes, I've never actually heard the Viva with my speakers, just my friend's. I should have been more careful to qualify my opinions as being music dependent and relative to amps of significantly greater power. Do you have the old version or the MK2?