James Burgess

I have not found much information about James Burgess built amps or preamps. Would appreciate information about his preamps as well as his 2A3, PX25 or 45 amplifiers. These are the SET amps I am thinking about. Would like to know about build quality, sound, price, and such.

Thanks.
amilcar
Hmm. I have a pair of amplifiers that I was told were made by James Burgess. They started life as Wurlitzer organ amps, but got modified to use 45s as SETs. The mod was done a long time ago- all of the wiring inside is done with cloth covered wire.

They came from an estate a good five years ago. The owner used them with a pair of Coral Betas which I also picked up.
Hi Brad, I am looking for a Burgess amp for my system, would appreciate that you could help me with this, my e-mail is robi1000@hotmail.com, many thanks
my Burgess amp is stereo 6b5 push pull has 12sl7 and 12sn7 tubes driving a pair of 6b4 tubes per channel

I added a 3 position selector and 3 sets of gold input jacks to the rear of the amp as well as a gain control on one of the inputs , the amp sound great and is dead quiet .

i was going to list it for $1200.00
if anyone is interested contact me and i will foward pics
I also had a cage made for it ,and it has 24kt gold plated audio note knobs as well as a professional paint job
My burgess is a 45 based SET amp, and I love it. As long as I have my horns, I will be listening to this awesome amplifier. James is a great designer/builder, and a real gentleman too.
Byron