Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10

Frogman, it does absolutely no good to make a clarification with you; I stated this had absolutely nothing to do with "Miles the person", but only with his music; which albums they owned.

They didn't keep up with what Miles was doing, only which album was doing what? Was it into something or not; there were never any conversations about what Miles was doing. I certainly didn't know or care what Miles was doing at that time.
O-10,  I don't see what the problem is.  Perhaps you shouldn't look for one where there is none and not personalize things.  Perhaps you should try to be more clear with what you're trying to say?  Perhaps none of this matters so much that it warrants that kind of reaction since I am basically agreeing with your "clarification"?  Perhaps a chill pill?  That reminds me, hope Rok is doing ok 😎
Frogman, you're right, I should never respond before I wake up.

Hey Rok! tell us you're in the land of the living; somebody misses you.
Miles had everything and blew it overnight, "literally".   He had the love of his life, and ran her away with his insane jealousy.  Just like in chess, when the Queen falls, it's game over because every thing becomes an instant mess.
Many/most women are hard-wired to go for the "bad boy" .
A   Harvard  bio prof told me because he was the one you could protect you from the saber-tooth tiger and bring meat home to your kiddies.

DNA of  10k years ago can override your rationality of today, ain't life a B-word .