Jeff Rowland amp in unbalanced mode

Hi all, does anyone have experience driving a Jeff Rowland amp (model 201 or any other) with rca-XLR adapters in unbalanced mode? Could you compare with balanced operation and was there sonic impact (I guess there will be, but how serious)? Did you use Rowland's own adapter? Thanks!
karelfd
Guidocorona - There are two styles of class D output. One, like Icepower, uses single supply voltage and changes direction using mosfet full-bridge while the other style, like Hypex (Channel Island) uses two voltages positive and negative with mosfet half-bridge. First style sounds a little closer to tubes (even harmonics) but has half of supply voltage (DC) on both output terminals (doesn't bother me). Also bridging amps is not possible since it is already full bridge output. My small 102 has the highest bandwidth of the tree you mentioned and I don't listen very loud. I read your other posts on the PC1 and since you mentioned that my 102 is "eligible" I'm very interested. I have to upgrade speakers first (major expense) then I'll move to power supply. I'm sceptic about things like that, but I remember that at the beginning I was sceptic about interconnects and speaker cables - not anymore. Keep us informed! Is it expensive? I read review (AudioEnz) of 102/Capri and while Capri is better of two (exceptional) 102 is not bad, especially for the price.
Hi Kijanki, I looked for the Capri/102 review by Audioenz but could not find it. . . could you post the URL?
The PC1 is unfortunately not inexpensive, at $1500 list, but some dealers have sometimes offered a demo unit for quite a bit less. One good thing about it is that if you ever upgraded to 201 monos or 501 monos, the PC1 would serve there as well. Guido
Thank you Kijanki, much appreciated. . . now I remember reading this review a while ago. Can't help thinking that the relative darkness, moderate downward extension, slight imaging problems, and other minor quibbles that Mr. Wong observed may have been caused by less than complete break in of the equipment. Capri is a bear to break in, requiring perhaps 1000 hrs. . . not sure about 102, but I wouldn't be surprised if it required more of the same. G.
I have a little over 400 hours on my Capri which I bought used. I'm not sensing any darkness or imaging problems. Detail is there in spades as well (at least enough detail for me). This unit is extremely quiet. I might agree that it is not the last word in transparency, especially in comparison to my previous K&K TVC and TRL Pre-1.5 preamps. For one thing the sound stage depth is a bit compromised, especially in comparison to what I experienced with the VAC Avatar SE which is the last unit I had in the system prior to the Capri. Overall though it is a fine preamp especially at used prices and mine having the phono option is bonus.