Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Thanks Heymikey. I appreciate hearing that. If the JR doesn't work out — VAC is the next choice. 
Buying a Swiss amp is like buying a pair of Italian shoes.    Very nicely crafted but not for everyone.   There should be a very good reason to go that way because nobody has cornered the market yet on top notch sound or nice shoes.
I am going with JR!! Home audition with the Sabrina's tomorrow morning. Yipee. Will let you all know. THANK YOU for your advice and support. R
Does anyone know of a system for $3000 or less (for a friend) that would be okay? 
We know hundreds of them.
Rinpoche, while listening to your system with the Rowland try to dislike it as much as you can. And if you fail then you will have little choice but to get the Rowland. It's a lot of money for one piece of equipment.
Mapman, try Santoni, it's good stuff.