Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
That's good, you settled it.
Don't be so sure - you may not like our faces.
Hear from you next year, about the preamp, if you feel you need it.
There is an old Gryphon preamp here right now. I wonder, how would it work with your Rowland? No, it's not a suggestion and frankly I have no idea how and if it would work.
Have any of you people ever tried this or similar combination?
Rinpoche, I'm happy for you. I'm surprised Guido didn't mention the 625 S2 will sound better and better as it has more hours on it. Enjoy!

Hi RinPoche, Richard of course is correct. If your M625 S2 is factory-fresh, you can expect it to evolve for as much of 1500 hours.

It is quite likely that during the first 500 hours or so you might experience days in which the sound is strangely anomalous... perhaps dark or univolving... These dips are short term. The overall trend is towards purity, subtlety, and resolution.

By about 800 hours, the break-in progress becomes asymptotic, with progressive tapering of sonic evolution towards completion.

Guido   

Jon2020 was right! SWCRABVHWI!

You are a great bunch. In a way you all held my hand and walked me through what seemed like a difficult but exciting journey. I really value your input and support. It was like having really good friends who I could talk to. All through the process you were kind and thoughtful. Once again, THANK YOU ALL very much. And thank you for the birthday wishes. July 4th was a big day for me here in Canada.

I am now a proud owner of a JR 625 S2 amp and Aeris DAC. It is a great amp. I am very happy. This is something I can live with and build upon. Maybe add a tube amp or the JR Corus down the line. I will start a thread when that time comes. LOL. 

So, I guess this thread comes to a happy ending — and everyone lives happily ever after. R