Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche

Wires are often a potshot even for the best informed.

My advice is buy in a manner that enables you to experiment without taking a loss each time you might want to change.    There are some vendors who offer generous return and exchange programs I hear. 

Myself, I tend to always buy wires used and not overpay so I can then resell and try others as needed.

My other suggestion is do not assume cost indicates performance or best sound with wires.   There may be some correlation but certainly no guarantee.  I'd find something less expensive and suitable first and then experiment with others from there if needed but avoid the trap of paying a lot for new wires and then taking a financial beating if you decide they are not for you.

A few thoughts. If the system sounds good enough now, there is no need to change anything, certainly not untill the question of adding preamp or upgrading speakers is answered. At this level I would not mix brands of interconnects and speaker cables unless I wanted to experiment with hundreds of brands. The fact that Rowland is wired with Cardas and Wilson with Transparent means exactly nothing from audiophile perspective. This is a digital source transistor based system, I would think that it needed some 'tubes' in the chain, that's neutral enough but full bodied cables that would bring out colour and texture, as opposed to coloration and additional digital artifacts.
Are we talking about XLR balanced or RCA cables, by the way? If balanced, it's easier and less expensive.
There are some used Audioquest Wel and Blue Yonder on line as well as Nordost Valhalla (not sure which ones, maybe II?). Right now my dealer was kind enough to lend me Transparent until she finds something used that would be right. I got the demo amp so it has some hours logged on it already. And I am doing my best to listen as much as possible. Thanks for the informed advice. R
Hello,
I don't really have interconnects yet between the Aeris DAC and JR amp. I totally agree that when the amp comes (next year?), I will consider seriously adding tubes or at least hearing the system with tubes. As of today, however, I need an XLR interconnect from the DAC to the amp. I only have this older Transparent as a loaner or I have to purchase it. I think I can do better. But what is the question? 
Come on, guys, I suspect some of you have a bunch of spare cables in the closet. Why don't you send them to the lady for audition? I don't have balanced cables.
If you add tube pre-amp later, the interconnects you get now may not work well, besides you will need another set.
Furutech was not a bad idea but may not be good enough for you, perhaps worth a try, I don't know.
Personally, I don't touch Cardas, Nordost and Audioquest. Their very expensive models could be good in some systems, though.
If the cable manufacturer is serious, even the least expensive cable should be okay in any system. Wire is not just a wire, but first of all it is a wire.