Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche

Yes, all Rowland components have been differentially balanced for the last 25 years or so. All components use XLR connectors. Most of them also have

For whatever it's worth , since brands are being tossed about I'll recommend a non-mainstream brand to possiblly consider - Silnote Audio (can check Agon listings for some); haven't found them to be equipment brand partial with any equipment in either of my 3 systems.  
Rinpoche, if you consider Purist I strongly suggest you talk to member albertporter and also perhaps to Jim Aud, Purist designer. Albert has a wealth of knoweldge of high end audio. He is currently also Purist Audio and High Fidelity cables dealer. This should not affect his objectivity much. He might be able to send you some demo cables to try and would give you a very good price on new cables.
There is a reason why there are many Purist models. You would be unable to figure out by yourself which one would be best for you unless you try them all. If Albert cannot answer your questions he will contact those who can.
I have not heard the newest Purist cables, only older ones. If you pushed me to take my somewhat educated wild guess, I would say that without spending too much the current Aqueous Luminist edition for a little over $1000 should be about right. If this is too expensive - probably Poseidon. Nothing lower than that, that's for sure.