Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Thank you Charles, and everyone on this discussion. You helped me more than you know. I did take instruction and advice to heart. You are a great bunch and I am so grateful I started this in the first place. It is my first time doing this and it has been incredible, I think. Also, you all seem passionate and engaged in your own musical experiences and that is what comes through loud and clear. 

Its never a good idea usually to dive right into the deep end when swimming or buying, especially with consumer electronics where there are so many options both good and bad at so many price points.

One almost owes it to themselves to try something well accepted and affordable like the Mogami pro wires first. What is there to loose? You can keep it as a spare or sell it easily for little loss if a comparison or change is desired.

You’ll never know what is possible at various price points unless you try.

Or in some cases money does not matter which is fine. But every dollar put into cables, fuses, amps, speakers whatever is a dollar that might be used to better effect elsewhere.

It does require some time and patience to follow an orderly process that efficiently leads to good sound for reasonable cost. Also I understand that  time is precious..

Just my two cents....

Hello, 
I hear you, Mapman, and I agree. Here's the thing — with Guido's wise words — it seems that the DAC and amp will do splendidly on their own without the immediate need of a pre-amp. It might be fine forever that way. So, the only thing missing in this set up is a cable. One interconnect XLR. I budgeted for that. My x-dealer raved about the cable I found on Audiogon, and it was a great deal from my point of view. Less $$ than the Transparent loaner, which I found to be a bit blah. So, I can love it or list it -- as they say, and break even. Nothing to loose. Only experience is gained. Win win situation I think. If it doesn't work, I can always try the Mogami cable. The Dac  has a new fuse, a new cord, and so on — it came that way from my nephew for free. What more is there to add? How might the thing be improved? I had no other plans. 
P. S. I am Canadian. We all dive right into the water/deep end. The water is way too cold to wade in slowly. LOL

Rinpoche,

You've tested out the waters pretty well.   Not much else to do now but enjoy.