Job Integrated Amp.

Became available a few days ago. Placed my order immediately upon receiving an email from a an employee there. Now I anxiously await.
djverne
Hello folks,

Realize I'm late to this conversation, but feel compelled to shake the tree a little bit. :) I've been trying lots of different electronics the past couple of years and have given serious thought to the Job INT. Looks like a pretty cool package. I had a Job 225 a while back and was flabbergasted by its performance but had trouble matching it with a pre due to its tremendous gain. I do have a soft spot for integrateds, they just seem to sound more coherent to me, and was thinking about giving the INT a whirl.

That said, I became concerned about it's single analog input being converted to digital and amplified in the digital realm. Figure I can expand the number of inputs with a good switch, but saw all of the comments about the analog input losing something versus the digital inputs. So, I wrote to Job. Come to find out, the INT no longer does the conversion on the analog input. I was told that earlier versions did the ADC but new versions's analog input goes directly to the volume control, and that may be enough to get me to pull the trigger on one.

So, anyone own or hear one of the latest and greatest versions of the INT? Not sure if there's a serial number cutoff or version stamp anywhere, but I'd imagine it would be something purchased recently.

Oh, and does ANYBODY know... is it pronounced "job", as in "I have a job in the city", or is it pronounced "Job" as in, "There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job"? It's the little things....
Well that's good news. Especially for those with only an analog source. I liked mine when I had it.
Double checked with Job and everything shipping does indeed do pure analog, no ADC any longer.... So what the heck, I took the plunge! Should have the INT on the way.
By any chance, did they tell you when they dropped the digitization of the analog input? I got my amp in November, and I'm wondering if mine is analog. I put my SACD player through it to see if I could hear the purported "silvery veil" and quite the opposite, it sounded clear as a bell to me. I was thinking of experimenting with an outboard DAC, but I fear it will need a fairly expensive one to outdo the onboard one.
I asked about a version identifier or serial number cut-off but didn't get an answer. Drop a note to their support email and you should hear back from them, they're pretty good about answering.