Klipsch Chorus or Cornwall II

I have a pair od A/D/S 1590's and thinking of replacing them with Klipsch Chorus or Cornwall II. will rock n roll sound better on them and if so witch ones?
my amp is a mcintosh 7300. it should be enough power. What i had heard about klipschs is that you love them or hate them. out of the 3 speakers what one sound better with stones or even van halen. or should i look at a different direction?

thanks
Jon (newbe)
jhorsh
I would look into a used pair of Klipsch Lascala. Eliminate the box coloration, update the crossover, and you have a set of speakers that will deliver whatever you throw at them. They image really well, and have the most "natural and fast bass I have heard. Dynamics are 2nd to none. They do roll off at about 45 hz and can be carefully matched to a sub if needed. IMHO....
i think i'm going to start with the Chorus II or Cornwall II's first before i try the Lascala's. But I need to improve my room. Reading about speaker basic and the type of music i play, my room will kill the best.
Well Chorus II.I have a set with all the mods,running on 8 to 300 watts.I understand when you go to a store to listen it's hard to many factors.For me I keep as a reference at home Altec model 19's,JBL 4412's,NHT 2.5's,Acoustat 2+1's,AR 90's,Energy 2.8's.MY WIFE LOVE'S ME.Which helps me listen to the way a speaker sounds in my room.But remember with any speaker the is 101 db at 1 watt,you will hear everything.Oh my Chorus II are 12" from the wall.They need the rear wall for the passive woofer,the more you move them away the less bass.Good Luck
Jhorsh,

First off I'm a fan of Klipsh speakers. I've enjoyed many of them and currently have La Scalas in the living room and Heresys in the bedroom.

I've not had a pair of Chorus but I have owned Cornwalls, Forte's and built a pair of Cornscalas.

My suggestion to you is to join the Klipsch community forum. There you will find a TON of information about all of the Klipsch lines along with a group of dedicated fans and helpful people.

There is very likely a forum member near you who owns the various speakers that you're looking at and would happily open their home for an audition.

jhoak
jhoak i agree i should go the Klipsch community, but after i own a pair. Well, I have the chorus II's and now i have two pairs of speakers (was not my plan).
I first played a stones live cd and it sounded great. So now i have a pair of speakers for the Stones (Klipsch) and ADS l1590/2 for Supertramp. I think you guys set me up!!!!! now i'm thinking how tubes would sound with the Klipsch?