Klipsch!. The worst speaker company, EVER?

His passionate hatred for Heresy's and other Klipsch speakers made me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BELSPBZyoCI
128x128gawdbless
Never a horn fan but I can understand the appeal. I will say that of the horns I have heard, Klipsch were among the worst to my ears. But if you like them then enjoy. I remember growing up near Cedar Rapids IA and visiting one of the stereo shops in this town  turned me off for years to Klipsch speakers due to the attitude of the salesman who was a Klipsch Nazi. Guy was a knob.
THX was patented by George Lucas.  Can anyone tell us where he got the name??  Anyone?  Anyone?  
Here ya go!!
THX is a high-fidelity audio/visual reproduction standard for movie theaters, screening rooms, home theaters, computer speakers, gaming consoles, and car audio systems. The current THX was created in 2002 when it spun off from Lucasfilm Ltd. THX was developed by Tomlinson Holman at George Lucas’s company, Lucasfilm, in 1983 to ensure that the soundtrack for the third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, would be accurately reproduced in the best venues. THX was named after Holman, with the "X" standing for "crossover" as well as an homage to Lucas’s first film, THX 1138. The distinctive crescendo used in the THX trailers, created by Holman’s coworker James A. Moorer, is known as the "Deep Note". The THX system is not a recording technology, and it does not specify a sound recording format: all sound formats, whether digital or analog, can be "shown in THX." THX is mainly a quality assurance system. THX-certified theaters provide a high-quality, predictable playback environment to ensure that any film soundtrack mixed in THX will sound as near as possible to the intentions of the mixing engineer. THX also provides certified theaters with a special crossover circuit whose use is part of the standard. Certification of an auditorium entails specific acoustic and other technical requirements; architectural requirements include a floating floor, baffled and acoustically treated walls, no parallel walls, a perforated screen, and NC30 rating for background noise.

see more »

THX is a high-fidelity audio/visual reproduction standard for movie theaters, screening rooms, home theaters, computer speakers, gaming consoles, and car audio systems. The current THX was created in 2002 when it spun off from Lucasfilm Ltd. THX was developed by Tomlinson Holman at George Lucas’s company, Lucasfilm, in 1983 to ensure that the soundtrack for the third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, would be accurately reproduced in the best venues. THX was named after Holman, with the "X" standing for "crossover" as well as an homage to Lucas’s first film, THX 1138. The distinctive crescendo used in the THX trailers, created by Holman’s coworker James A. Moorer, is known as the "Deep Note". The THX system is not a recording technology, and it does not specify a sound recording format: all sound formats, whether digital or analog, can be "shown in THX." THX is mainly a quality assurance system. THX-certified theaters provide a high-quality, predictable playback environment to ensure that any film soundtrack mixed in THX will sound as near as possible to the intentions of the mixing engineer. THX also provides certified theaters with a special crossover circuit whose use is part of the standard. Certification of an auditorium entails specific acoustic and other technical requirements; architectural requirements include a floating floor, baffled and acoustically treated walls, no parallel walls, a perforated screen, and NC30 rating for background noise.

see more »

One thing I can say is the original (style)  Klipsch horns could make a LOT of bass!  Back in the mid 1970s we used the bass part (the cabinet) as sub-woofers in some disco places we built.  One place had three pairs stacked on top of each other!  Each pair driven with  McIntosh MC2300 amps.  The hard part was figuring out how to stop the turntables from feeding back!
One thing I can say is that the JBL Aquaplas compression drivers are the most relaxed, juicy and vibrant I’ve heard.  They really put the energy of the music out but in a natural and distortion free manner.  Quite remarkable.  Got a pair to demo and I’m kinda smitten.  Probably keep them!