Krell FPB 300 vs ML 333 for Thiel CS6

Planning on upgrading from using the front channels on a Proceed AMP 5 (now) to either of the two mentioned in the header. Anyone have any idea of which would be the better choice ? Thanks.
delmarhf
I cannot tell you the cost of the .5 upgrade on the ML (but would imagine that this would be easily attainable information directly by e-mailing them), but it is my understanding that yes, it does need to go back. Also, with the Pass Labs, the .5 versions are reportedly a fairly noticeable/recognizeable improvement vs. the non .5 versions. But to be honest, I have never compared the two Pass units to confirm this myself. I know the upgrade for the Krell C version to the CX version (for a FPB300-C to go to a 300-CX) is $2,500 including the new center cap faceplate (Krell just sent this to me on Friday). I think with the ML, the cost of the upgrade might be variable depending on whether you update the faceplate as well.
I have not heard the ML amps with the Thiels. I have owned and auditioned several amps(Pass X600, X350.5, Ayre V-1XE, MXR, V-5XE, Mcintosh 1201s, 402, JC-1 monos)with various models of Thiels. And for me, as nice as they have been, none has worked as well as the FPB amps I own now with my Thiels. Good Luck.
I have heard the FPB200, ML 331.5 and 334 on Thiels. All are excellent IMO. Personally I liked the 334 better.

The .5 upgrade if I remember correctly is approx. $2k.
The issue I had mentioned earlier regarding the ML 3xx series has been well documented on the web. Harmon no longer offers the .5 upgrade. I had asked when I sent my amp back for fix 2 years ago.

I think system synergy will play a big part. So you need to think about which preamp you will be using. I am using a GNSC modded ARC LS-25 Mk I.

I had a chance to hear the Pass X350 next to the X350.5 at a friend's house. Huge difference. All present agreed that the non .5 version sounded more like the typical SS amp, cold and sterile. The .5 amp has that midrange warmth that earlier Pass Aleph amps were well known for.

FrankC
Thanks all for the responses. Does anyone know roughly how much the capacitor repair job costs for the ML 333?