KT88 recom. for quicksilver mini mono's

I recently aquired a set of mini's and am looking for sugestions on tubes. Of what I have tried so far I have found I like the sovtek 6L6's. Upscale recommended the EHkt88 for a clean,dry, less warm sound, since I think that is the direction I am going in. What would you guys recommend that you have tried, what would you not recommend? Thanks, Matt
toomuchstuff
Sovtec resides at the bottem. Svetlana is really good as are some NOS (new, old stock).
I agree Unclejeff.

I am a Wing C guy, which IS STILL the original Svetlana and still built in the St. Petersburg factory. This is the factory and the tube that built the old Svetlana reputation and made the name famous.

Unfortunately, the Svetlana sold today (and for the last couple of years) is built in the Reflektor plant right along side Sovtek, EH, Tung Sol, Mullard and Svetlana, all names BOUGHT and owned by New Sensor.

I will say, the Sovtek 12AX7 (9 pin miniature) is a good tube for the money and I always hold hope that a new product like the Genelex KT88 (mentioned above) will be worthy of consideration.

As I mentioned in my first post, I don't know if it has any merit but worth keeping an eye on.
I liked the JJ Tesla's over the Svet C's in those amps. Sorry to have to add yet one more option to your responses here. It's been too long to know my reasons, but I do remember that preference.

Shoot Mike Sanders an email - it may take a day or two, but he'll surely respond - or try giving him a call. All his contact information is on his website.

I'd definitely look into the Genelex tubes Albert is suggesting too.

Marco
I use KR KT88s. I love the sound. I was told by an owner of both the British Gold Lions and the KR KT88, that the sound quality and construction quality are just about equal. I think you'll be very satisfied. Albert's suggestion, also, sounds very intriguing.

warren
I owned Mini's for a while -- sweet amps indeed -- and got the best performance out of Svetlana SED "Winged C" KT88s -- warm and musical, but not fat or dull. I found the EH KT88s to be a little bright for my taste but you might like them.