Lamm ML1.1 & ML 2.1

Hi,

I've the opportunity to heard 2 times the ML2.1 - 18 watts class A - first time on JM Lab Grande Utopia BE and the other one, on Kharma CRM 3.2

I love the sound of the ML2.1 : so natural, so human...

But I don't know the lower priced ML1.1 - the 90 watts -I'm living in France and it's not well distributed.

What differs between both in terms of sound ?

Do you know other amp with this kind of natural sound - at same price or lower !!!!

Thanks

David
davidri
"If you have speakers with higher effeciency though the ML2's may be the best you can get."

I absolutely agree. IMO these are hands down the finest amp I have ever owned. The mid range and high end for my ears is as good as it gets. I would be surprised if I ever buy another amp. This is audio nirvana.

Dmailer...now you must take my advice and do some experimenting with the 12AX7 tube on each amp. I didn't know what I was missing until I managed to get NOS circa 1965 Telefunken with rib plates as well as NOS circa 1957 Mullard with long plate and square getter halo. This will take these amps to a completely different level
Dmailer, CONGRATS, glad your smiling, hope you keep us up to date too.

BTW, I just bought the Amperex 1958 Longplates, which are suppose to be amoung the best. I will receive my amps next week. I am trying to wait patiently.
Oneobgyn, I will definitely have to try out some NOS in the 12AX7 position. 711smilin, your in for a treat when those amps arrive. If your Epiphany's are more effecient than the Reimers then it should sound great as I have lots of headroom with these amps on the Tetons.
Steve,

I just recieved the Pass X350.5.
Minutes after...
Out of the box, brand new, WOW!!!
I've had Amps that are rated high power, but with the Pass Amps you can feel the effortless power.
Deep soundstage and vocals that are so natural. The bass sounds exellent, clean and defined and the treble is great !.
Everything sounds so right !
And this is again right out of the box !!!
Plugged into my APL 3910.
"I have lots of headroom with these amps"

It really never ceases to amaze me as to the amount of headroom on these amps.