Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93

IME, power cords can make a difference. I think, and I am no engineer, that most of the beneficial effects result from rejection of EMI and other noise. Poorly shielded wires are basically antennae. The argument that how can the last few feet compensate for the lengthy power supply chain that preceeds it is a poor argument. Added noise and EMI is cumulative, so any place in which it is possible to reduce these things shouild be addressed. Also, I bet that some electronic gear is more sensitive to the a/c power they receive. And if a system is not very resolving, I doubt differences will be dramatic. Yet another variable is how clean or dirty your power is to start with. So, there is no one absolute answer to the OP’s question. "Depends", as they say.

But, for the OP and others who are skeptical, why not try some power cords that are appropriately priced for the rest of your system from a retailer who will take them back if you do not hear a difference that is worth the expense to you? IOW, why believe us, when you can hear for yourself?

Are there any blind studies on this issue??  You can find glowing reports from people claiming magnets on their wrists cured their arthritis. Such reports are as convincing as the reports here from listeners that such cords have an impact on their system. I have YG Anat 3s, Chord Electronics and a DSX processor and I have never been compelled to buy such aftermarket cords because the science is snake oil. Sorry guys your ears are easily fooled. 
Show me some research that is compelling that such power cord could and does make a difference both in the function of the downstream electronics and more importantly that when listeners have no idea what cord is being used and all other variables are controlled they can hear the difference. Until then this is snake oil. I want to be convinced.
with gear that good I would think you would want to do your own double blind test with your own system. that's what I did...it was actually fun and didn't take very long, and improved my system for minimal cost...
Try listening to your system without power cords and see if they matter.  Yes they play a critical role otherwise we would not need them. Try using a lamp cord to power your your bulky monoblock amps and see how that goes for your ears and system.  

We all agree power cords play a vital role. It seems rather narrow minded and unreasonable to NOT think construction methods such as shielding, conductor material, braiding configurations, dialetrics etc... play a role on this vital part of our audio system. 

They are in the signal chain folks. If you think not, then just remove them and enjoy your music.