Linn lp12

I recently installed a new motor in my Linn thinking that was the problem. Apparently not...it will not start unless I manuely turn the platter and bring it up to speed, otherwise it just humms. No good stereo shops in my area...any suggestions? Have it in a shop here now, but not to confident in their ability. They have never seen anything like the Linn...not good. They tell me it would help if they had a schematic...don't have one...help! lol..this is not good.
drifter22642
Take the big platter off and turn it on and check the belt for slippage. Put the big platter on upsidedown turn the unit on again to check the belt. Sometimes only a slight push of the platter will get it going. It's possible the 4 wires that connect to the motor are in the wrong order. The ribbon that connects the switch may also be on backward. If you want, leave me a # or email address. I have photos of mine so I can use them as a reference to address the problem. I have rebuilt two Sondek 12's. Don't give up, they're a great TT. Good luck.
Which power supply do you have? Basic, Valhalla, Lingo etc. Valhalla power supplies are pushing 20 years old and it might be time for service. A reasonable tech can determine if the power supply is at fault. Valhalla can be serviced for around $100 or you can replace the Valhalla with a Hercules after market power supply.
They have never seen anything like the Linn...not good

I think, THAT is good. Stay there.
What power supply do you have with your LP12? If you changed the motor and still had the same problem, could be something wrong with the PS.
Could be the power supply; I changed mine for the Mose Hercules. It requires a push to start on 45 but no belt change and starts itself on 33. If you need a used power supply mine was working fine when I replaced it; just wanted better performance and no belt change. Have you tried the Linn forum; I would post there.