Looking for a mid-priced TT to install my 2M Black Cart

I am in the process of shopping of maximizing the value of some of my second system and doing some strategic upgrades.  my first TT was the Project Carbon Debut DC with an Ortofon 2M Red (MM).  I upgraded that to the 2M Black (MM) and it turned it into a great rig (to a point).

I am very aware. that the 2M Black exceeds the capabilities of the TT, so as I optimize this second system, I am looking for a good turntable that would provide a significant sonic improvement over the Project Debut Carbon, and would match well with the 2M Black.  I would like to keep it below $1500 (ideally under $1000). 

I am leaving out the other details of my system to keep this focused on the TT and not have this turn into a poll of what part of my rig's chain I should optimize next... ;-).

Just want some TT options under $1.5K that will help the 2M open up even more!
Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsircheech
I think you should match it with a tonearm, not a turntable.
Effectime mass of the arm + cartridge compliance is the key.
There you go

But the best you can buy is new Technics DD with the arm that just fine for your Ortofon  
I had my 2M Black on a (now sold) Rega RP6 with shims and it rocked!  I now have the 2M Black on a Technics 1210 GR, no shims required, and it also rocks.  Both TTs will fall into your budget if used or discounted. 
I would stick with Pro Ject and just get a better table from them. Perspex would be my choice but it's a couple hundred over your budget.
Assuming you want to buy new, the Pioneer PLX1000 is prob best bet at the lower end of your budget.
The new Technics SL1200Mk7 is worth considering or the 1210 and will likely see you through many upgrades.
You could also look at the George Merrill PolyTable with a Jelco 750.