Looking for some 'grass

What's the best Bluegrass group, album, CD, or cut, you've heard in some time?

Please do mention if it is by content, or quality of the recording.... SACD, DVDA, etc.

It is hard to get past efforts from Skaggs & Krauss naturally, but I do favor the "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" volumes from the Dirt Band & friends.

But I will try a few here anyhow.

"Mountain Soul" from Patty Loveless... and "Little Sparrow" by Dolly Parton are super overall.

Charlie Sizemore's efforts as well should be considered at the very least.

Melonie Cannons last two CDs are noteable works also.

So there...

Who, what, or Which, do you like most as of late, or just overall?
blindjim
Dr. Ralph Stanley. He has a live album with his son that is really well recorded to boot. Email me if you can't find it. If you've never made it to the Telluride Blue Grass Festival you owe it to yourself to go. The catch is you've got to make reservations now. The festival is in June. While not Bluegrass per say David Byrne will be there this year. Not to be missed!
Great start... thanks a lot.

Didn't know about a few of these.. do now. Good.

Steve Martin, the comedian, has a new work out that looks interesting, and has done some other things with great grass musicians... Bella, yo yo, etc.

I've been meaning to get the Old & In The Way stuff for a while, but keep forgetting too.

I met Bill when I was much younger... and a fair number of others as my mom's side of the family centers about the Nashville area.... and again that was a long while ago.
i'll 2nd the Seldom Scene, especially their 1st four or so albums. also you might enjoy....

Larry Sparks, 40
Peter Rowan & Tony Rice Quartet
The Infamous Stringdusters, Fork in the Road
Steeldrivers
Bill Frisell, The Willies (his version of bluegrass)
Can't believe no one mentioned Del Mccoury. Wins lot's of awards, and the interplay with his band (two are his son's) is amazing.
The Red Clay Ramblers are worth checking out. At one point - mid 1980's? - someone built a full Broadway musical around the band. As a special bonus, the main Rambler has one of the best names in showbiz "Bland Simpson". Bland is a terrific songwriter and if your taste also runs to pop music/female vocals, the wonderful singer Marti Jones does a first class cover version of Simpson's "Follow You All Over The World".

Marty