Looking for suggestions on best small footprint speaker under $4K

Greetings
i’m a long time 2 channel system guy that rekindled his  interest in music and Is looking to upgrade speakers.    I just currently upgraded from a small  tube amp to a 150 W Krell amp and have really enjoyed the improved response from my  7 year old KEF LS50’s.     My favorite Brands of speakers over the years have been Maggie’s and B&W.   I have also downsized  homes and size of speaker is an issue.     Looking for the best sounding speaker for jazz and lite rock.    Attractive cabinets are important to me so I don’t like the looks of golden ear speakers..   25 years ago I loved Vandersteen speakers but they were just not attractive.

As I begin my search what would yoou suggest.   I have started looking at Monitor Audio and Salk but have not heard any.  My budget is $4K.

i appreciate your feedback.

128x128miamiangler
miamiangler,

I just heard the ATC SCM V2 speakers at a store. I didn’t hear the best amps with them and they were still very impressive. They list at $7000, but there is a very nice pair of satin black finished cabinets on right now right at your budget. These speakers are extremely dynamic with great kick in the bass and midrange clarity that allows you to hear everything. The highs are also very nice. These speakers are not fatiguing in the least. ATC makes some of the best studio monitors anywhere and are used by more recording studios than any other maker. I was very tempted and I own an awesome pair of Vapor Joule Black speakers. The footprint of the ATC speakers is less than 1sq. ft. The cabinet is very dense. And the speakers are great to listen to sitting or standing. They are only 42" H. They do weight 78 lbs. They have nicely curved sides. They have all the qualities of a top audiophile speaker but sound potent like a pro model speaker. If I ever choose to downsize my rig, they will be THE speakers to beat.

Bob
Try to find some used ProAc 148s. Or, get some ProAc DT8. Add some Soundocity SEV9 outriggers. See my system page. 
I have the dynaudio special forty's and love them. Sound incredible and look the part. Try and audition a pair you won't regret it