Looking to buy floor standing speakers in $1000 per speaker range.

Looking at Goldenears 700s. Intrigued by Ohm 1000's. Probably running older NAD 7225 PE. I would love to hear suggestions.
jlm51
jlm51
witchdoctor1, which Tektons do you have? What's your room like? I was lusting for the Pendragon SEAS for my large, untreated basement.
I have the Pendragon in my living room. Carpeted floor, 2 couches, normal living room furniture. My room is quite large though it measure 23x32 with a vaulted ceiling. I have to say I love the sound they have. I also upgraded the capacitor to the Mundorf Silver-Oil Capacitor. I mostly listen to rock and jazz with a little pop thrown in once and a while. 
MMGs ( I own) or Super MMG system. But I also have Vandersteen 2CE's and they are very good.
A few years ago I changed from expensive multi-way speakers to single-driver speakers in inexpensive cabinets and am amazed at how long it took me to find these things.  I bought a pair of 8" alnico drivers on commonsenseaudio.com (Audio Nirvana) and had one of the cabinet makers listed make a pair of 2.8L laminated MDF cabinets for about $1500/pair, then went to 12" alnico drivers with a 5.6L cabinet, also under $2K.  I seriously doubt I will go back to multi-way drivers as I found how multiple drivers and electronic crossovers mutate the sound, and they are really easy to drive to boot.  Something to consider if you feel adventurous.  I for one have no plans to return to multi-way speakers.
Interesting, rlawry. Why not just but a couple f guitar amps and hook 'em directly to a preamp? I'm not being sarcastic.