Lots of Background noise on my new-used TT

Hello all, 

First let me thank those of you who have responded top my struggles with my new-used Gyrodec w/ Zeta tonearm. 

My current issue: I have the TT up and running but the background noise is really loud. When I place the stylus on the record, and before the track has started, I hear a pretty substantial background noise/record noise. The Cart is an Old Sumiko Vituoso Talisman (B). The cartridge is a high output MC producing 1.8Mv. I have it running through the MC phono pre on my NAD preamp. When I compare the background noise with same album played on my Project Debut Carbon(ortofon red cart, MM), there is a night and day difference in the noise floor. 

I have the VTF at slightly higher than the recommended 1.8 grams (1.94 i think). I have had a difficult time getting the anti-skate correct as the anti-skate dial is not marked in any way, and there are no guidelines that I am aware of on how to make sure it is proper. I have double checked connections to the cartridge itself, and from the tonearm to the preamp(tonearm cable). I have also made sure that the albums I am using are clean and /or new. I have cleaned the stylus with that gummy "zerodust" stylus cleaner. This issue shows on all recordings whether new or used, clean, or not so clean. 

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. 
128x128birdfan
If you have a high-output MC cartridge, you may need to connect it to the lower gain MM phono input on your pre-amp.
You should not be running a high output MC cart into a typical MC phono input.  You have excessive gain in the system and may even be overloading the phono stage.  If you do a search on anti-skate, you will find it is a controversial subject, but the consensus seems to be that less is better than more; even to the point where some folks do not compensate at all for skating forces).