Lumin D1, has anyone heard it?

I was sort of thinking about buying the Lumin D1. However in that price range there are many more options. Like Linn Majik DS, Naim ND5xs etc.

Has anyone here compared them, and how do they compare to a separate stream Like Aurelic Arie + DAC?
mordante
I have the A1. However by USB will see a thumb drive with digital file, but my Lumin will not play it. How did you get yours to work? 
Ripping CD to USB drive should be very similar to NAS drive.

In my case, I use dbpoweramp to rip CD to my PC.  The file directory folder structure is typical \artist name\album name\track name. I ripped CD  in FLAC lossless. I then coped these music folders in both USB and NAS.  

In my set up, I inserted both the USB stick and Ethernet cable to the Lumin.  The Lumin app on my iPad shows the album artworks from both sources.  I can play the same tracks from both NAS and USB stick to do an A/B comparison.  I also ripped WAV and AIFF in separate folders, and they all show up in my Lumin perfectly fine.

I ripped my CD directly to the USB stick. Maybe that's the problem. I will try copying a music file from my NAS to the USB stick.

So you guys are suggesting that a Lumin will sound as good as an outboard dac. That is very interesting. I use a Bricasti into a HAL MS-2 server/computer using JRiver. Could the Lumin compete with the likes of a Bricasti?

Also, does Lumin have their own music playing app or could I use JRiver, whose interface I really like?
I think the Lumin sounds better than many outboard DAC. The Bricasti is a great sounding DAC, no doubts in this camp.

However, I have heard it with a MAC mini setup, Esoteric SACD,  and the  Aurender N100 Network Streamer. The Lumin sounds better than the MAC mini, Esoteric & Bricasti - - - and is on par with the Aurender & Bricasti. If you did not know, the Aurender requires an outboard DAC, the Lumin does not.

Herb