Luxman Integrated - What do they sound like

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering getting myself a late 2018 Christma present or early 2019 birthday present.

Modern Luxman reviews are really hard to come by, and are generally just superlative without being very qualitative. I mean, it's all "rah rah rah!! " and no actual details.
For anyone who has listened to them lately, can you tell me what they actually sound like in comparison to other nice amps I might have heard?

Thank you,
Erik

erik_squires
Hi Erik, I hope you don't mind that I just started another thread specifically on the L-507ux asking for what I think is a little more direct information on this particular integrated.  Note that the US distributer per your link doesn't have any integrates for sale at this time
George.
Erik, I'm sorry if it seems like I am at all derailing your thread, but you are very well acquainted with the A21 versus I have never heard a Parasound amp at all.  I do have a nice tube preamp.  Do you or anyone reading this have an opinion on how the A21 amplifier and the amplifier section of the L-507ux might compare in terms of sound quality?
Responding to twoleftears' post:  I had a hum in my AX550, still under warranty. It wasn't that loud, but not normal.  I sent it in to the new USA distributor (Luxman USA).  They did a fantastic job repairing the unit - great service from my perspective.  It took about a month because they had to order a new transformer from Japan. But it gives some confidence in their service for something made outside the U.S., in my opinion. 
As for sound, I was paring with Tannoy Turnberry.  After reading this thread, I think it is funny (as Erik stated), that people have a hard time describing the sound, because I would too.  The first thing that comes to mind is that it 'did nothing wrong', and possibly a bit dry (in a good way) sounding.  Usually when people say it did nothing wrong (or 'committed no sins of commission'), you see this in reviews of lower priced equipment, and I always take it as an indicator of decent sounding gear that is also not going to win any awards.  In contrast, in this case I would say it was the opposite for the Luxman, it does just about everything right, but otherwise just doesn't standout in any overt way.  I loved it - only reason I moved on from mine was I did not consider the heat it put out (the 550 is class 'A') when I purchased it.  Overall, I would say they have great detail, midrange, bass, presentation, musical flow...  I have owned McIntosh Integrated (MA6900) though with different speakers and a different room and years apart (so take with grain of salt), so hard to compare.  But I would say both have a different house sound (having owned other Mac gear in the past); the McIntosh more inner-midrange detail and fleshing out, perhaps better (or more bass); whereas the Luxman is top to bottom clear & neutral. For me the Luxman is more musical.
Thanks joshfilm. You really provided a lot of information for me to think over. Unfortunately in this pursuit the only way to know for sure is to listen to the amp in your own system. It sounds like both the Luxmans are fine amps though.
@erik_squires 
That 5.1 build sounds pretty epic! 
The only advice/experience that I can lend is that it is well worth putting the 5.1 away for a bit to aim for big gains in a stereo setup. I ended up listening to much more music and replaced much of my tv and film watching with long listening sessions. Secondly, its amazing how far a well setup stereo can go to delivering an immersive soundtrack experience. I too will likely get back to 5.1 (or more) one day, but the satisfaction of a few years spent in pure stereo have been life-(habit-)changing.  There are workarounds to having a preamp, so explore until the music sounds great and makes you rush home every day a little faster to get back in the listening seat. That was the real result of getting it right. Fun times ahead.
J