Mac 252, 353, 402?

HI -- I've been mulling over these amps and was just wondering if someone out there has had experience with all three. They will be driving a set of Harbeth Monitor 30s (not the most efficient things in the world).

I was initially driven toward a MA-2275 (that's what started the whole mac madness) but, alas, with little children around, my house is not the most tube-friendly environment.

Ideas, thoughts?
highdudgeon
85db speakers can suck dry alot of amps quickly, I use my mac gear with 89db and 90 db speakers,works great,also use it on my khorns,also works great.
Can you guys recommend some non-mac pre-amps (line stage) that could be good matches (balanced, etc.)

Listened -- and viewed, with an emphasis on viewed -- a 402 today for the third time. Really, this is the sort of thing you buy and then take to the grave. Incredible.
I usually see good prices on Classe pre's on the gon, and they are truly balanced.
I have a Classe CP50 with my McIntosh amp and man is it excellent. I love that preamp - and it sounds better than the newer 47.5 and goes for the same money. Arthur