''Manuf. warranty '' with non-authorized vendor ?

I have come across a dealer selling gear that they claim have full manufacturer warranty on them. What if you find out from the MANUFACTURER that this dealer in question is not an authorized vendor? Would you buy anyways?
sonicbeauty
1) Call the manufacturer and see if in fact the warranty is valid if the unit is purchased from this dealer.

2) Without a warranty it is 'almost' like buying used, but some manufacturers/dealers will not provide services for stuff which was 'grey market' goods (althought they will provides services for used stuff originally purchased thru their normal distribution channels). So be wary, check 1st.
Dealers have been known to lie to make a sale. This will come as a shock to some. In this case, I would heed the mfg. not the dealer. The chances the mfg. will honor the warranty in this case are slim & none, & Slim left town.
This dealer wouldn't be on eBay selling Gallos, would he? I purchased a pair of Gallo Dues from these guys and got suspicious when the SNs on the speakers did NOT match the ones on the box ("factory sealed boxes, never opened" - yeah, right). A quick call to Mena at Gallo confirmed my suspicions. Turns out these guys made up their own serial number stickers and pasted them onto the Dues - sleazy bastids.

But, check this out, because I cooperated with Gallo and provided them with all the info. they requested, they agreed to honor the warranty in full - *very* cool.

Caveat emptor, dude.

-RW-
Often times, they will state the warranty will be honoured with the seller and they will handle any repairs. Not a great help when most of the sellers aren't in for the long haul and are often out of business when your gear breaks down.