Mark Knophler; recommended music??

Hi. I have been listening to music, mostly rock, for the past 35 years, but I'm fairly new to the high-end audio hobby. I have put together a very satisfying system consisting of an Arcam CD player; Cambridge Audio 840 upsampling CD player; Odyssey Audio Stratus Extreme amp; Parasound Line-Drive preamplifier, Meadowlark Shearwater "Hotrod" loudspeakers, and an RBH passive sub with outboard RBH crossover/amplifier. Audioquest solid core speaker cables and interconnects all around. Sound = phenominal. Now I need to discover additional artists and genres to better appreciate all this fine equipment. Thus far my favorite is Dire Straits, and surprisingly, Mark Knophler's solo work even more so. "Sailing to Philidelphia" and "Golden Heart" may be my two most-enjoyed discs now. Are there other artists out there with similar sound? I have discovered Diana Krall, and love her piano. Basically, I like jazz/rock/blues that emphasize percussion, acoustic guitar, and clean electric guitar (much like Knophler/Straits). Any suggestions?? Many thanks.
klipschking
Tvad...THANKS! I didn't know that you could do that. This is SWEET!!! I LOVE AudioGon...you guys are GREAT!!!!
"Kill to Get Crimson" is Knopfler's newest album I believe.

You might also check out John Scofield. He's a bit more in the jazz realm but also plays great guitar. Start with the "That's What I Say" album which is Ray Charles songs.

Also check out the Bel Airs. They've got a great bar band sound with some good guitar playing. The Morells and Skeletons are also great choices. D. Clinton Thompson is the guitar player in both those bands and he can do some amazing things.

The Timbuk 3 albums also have Knopfler similarities you might like. I'd also third the motion for Chris Rea; he's got a great sound.

If you like the 50's R&R sound, the old Robert Gordon albums (from the late '70s) are great fun with some snazzy guitar work.
Love Knopfler's solo work and much of Dire Straits. He is a very unique artist. Nobody comes to mind off-hand as very similar really.

Have you ever spun any Chet Atkins disks? He was more of a country artist mostly but one of Knopfler's biggest influences as a guitar player. He did an album with Knopfler as well a while back. Check out one of the highly rated Atkins compilations or one of his early sixties RCXA Living Stereo recordings on original vinyl or CD remaster, like "Teensville", say.
Using Pandora always costs me $$$. Check out All The Roadrunning with Emmylou Harris.
04-17-09: Rwwear
Using Pandora always costs me $$$.

From the Pandora
website
:

Q: Is Pandora free?

Yes.

Registering for Pandora will provide you with a free, advertising-supported
Pandora account.

We do also offer a paid Pandora subscription account option, but this is
entirely optional, and requires you to specifically choose to subscribe.

For more information about the benefits of subscribing, please see:
http://blog.pandora.com/faq/#64

I used Pardora for six months for free and liked it so much I decided to pony
up the $36/year for advertising free content. Heck, cable TV costs me almost
$1200/year. In comparison, $36/year for something I use several hours a day
seems like a bargain.