MC demagnetizer, how many use one, any concerns?

I have just purchased a benz demagnetizer to use with my ruby 2 and wonder if anyone has heard of concerns of negative effects. Are you all happy with its effects? One friend suggested that once you do it you must do it quitefrequently or the sound is worse off. I don't understand why that should be. But look for any theoretical or practical thoughts. Many thanks
gajgmusic
I've had similar experiences to Albert. Right after the demag it's a little on the harsh or edgy side. After a very short while (like only a couple of albums) it's back to a more relaxed yet (and I can't prove this next statement) more detailed than before demag.
I've used a demagnetizer on my Koetsus for years. They always sound cleaner after being demagnetized, which I do every few months. If there is any adverse effect on the first couple of playings after use, I haven't noticed it.
So, if you have to "break in" the cartridge after demagnitizing, and if the sound immediately after demagging is "harsh or edgy," then what's the point??
..and, from Albert: "Waiting a bit longer will net you sound as it was when new and fully broken in."