Mixing Atma MA1s with solid state.

I'm driving Maggie 1.7s with Atma MA1s. I'd like to add the Maggie mid bass modules, but do not believe the MA1s will easily drive both the main speakers and the mid bass modules.

1) Thoughts from anyone with experience.

2) Is there a ss amp that will drive the mid bass speakers that will not change the character of the Atma sound.

Thanks,

G
128x128thotdoc
To really golden ears I think, SS will change the openness and delicacy of the Atma sound. I suggest you ask Ralph Karsten at Atma directly what he thinks of your suggestion.
He is a great guy and very helpful. Please let us know what you have found out. If you like, drop me a line and I'll give you his e-mail.
They will drive them. I bet Ralph will agree. I heard MA1s driving McIntosh XRT20s last week in a very large room with vaulted ceiling... incredible, powerful, lifelike sound. Go for it.
Thotdoc, if the mid-bass modules can be added with a passive crossover and the 1.7s are crossed over as well, then you have a good shot at it.

If they are simply added in parallel then you will need a set of ZEROs, which I would certainly try out anyway. They might allow more power and less distortion and won't wreck the sound of the amps (if they do it usually means you don't need them).

http://www.zeroimpedance.com