Mod a Mcintosh MVP861

I have been reading many posts concerning "modding" CD/DVD players and the excellent results achieved. My question is - Has anyone done an upgrade mod(s) to a Mcintosh DVD861 - If so, was it worth it? I have no problem with modding the Mc if I were to get improved sound and video. I know many people would not want to change a classic mcintosh but, if I can significantly improve the sound and video that would be great.
edkoz
To call Mac owners conservative is an understatement. There aren`t many 861s out there compared to other hi end players. All this will gravitate against finding a previous modder. Any mod will seriously affect resale value if that`s a consideration. If you`re set on modding the 861, you might be a pioneer. Keep us posted.
Ah yes,, the unwritten law! I guess I have always been a bit to the right of tradition. I don't have any issue with resale of the 861. If there is little or no opportuinity to upgrade it I will pass and sell it as is(it's only a year old), But I really do like Mc componens and all I'm trying to do is see if I can improve on what I have. Does it sound good?- yes. Does it play video well? yes. Is it the best out there? Not by any means. So having said that, if anyone has any more suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Heck, If I could improve on the basic unit there would never be a reason for selling it. (It goes so well with my Mc amps, Mc server, Mc pre/pro!)