Modification Nightmares

I believe people have been modifying their equipment long enough to tell us who is worth it and who is not.People should be aware of all policies and all the fine print.I dont think some of these guys realize it takes the aveage person months to save up $2000 or more.
john
mclsound
There may be another side to this story regarding possible "hot" goods. Will be interesting to see how this one turns out. I was informed today that this is not the only forum site where this has been talked about. I am just glad it's not me. I can see why a lot of questions are not answered or answered very vaguely.
I have had several pieces modded / upgraded / and custom built. In all cases, there were definite improvements and I have been very satisfied.

Except, for one issue -- it has been my experience that several modders / custom builders have frustratingly long, long, long turnover times. I've waited 6 months one time for a CD player clock to be swapped with a new one and I'm currently looking well into the 7th month of waiting for a custom build.

I know, there is a multitude of factors (one man shop, supplier issues, etc) but dog-on, the state just finished a bridge rebuild were I live in 4 months (with the lowest bidder)...
Mclsound, please report back on how it sounds once you get it back. Hopefully that full warranty center can finally find parts. I bet it will sound fantastic!
first off:That was what i had in mind,a good SACD,DVD and 2ch player,since the player was new(not hot as the modifier states,he was pulled off of audiogon years ago and recently shut down at audio circle for repeated threats..and me also(by the way if you read this DS,my lawyer is Denny Crane of Crane,Poole,and Schmit)
So far i have learned that there is no,absolutely no difference in any digital(audio and video) relm and for the few hours i had it hooked up the anolog did sound more forward(but the left side was distorted)and i was comparing to a Denon 2930ci,not exactly fair.I have also learned that unless you buy a new out this year model of marantz and denon,good luck with parts.
I am sure you will hear a blaze of words ahead but it is typical.
i do hope it is worth the wait????????
PS...oh yes lets blame shipping for everything and then try filing a claim with the postal service to a totaly physically undamaged player?
More to discover