Moving from 120 VAC to 220 VAC operation on Krell monoblocks

Just read an interesting article from MBL regarding audio benefits for operating power amplifier at 220 VAC on dedicated electrical circuit. http://www.msbtechnology.com/faq/how-to-wire-your-house-for-good-power/

Also read on the Gon that Dan d’Agostino has voiced the sound of the FPB amp series by operating them at 220 VAC. 

I currently own a pair of Krell FPB-350 MCX monoblocks which operate on 120 VAC dedicated circuits (14 gauge wire). Contacted Krell and they indicated dip switch positions for operating the amps on 220 VAC. The MBL paper suggests to wire 220 VAC dedicated circuit using 10 gauge wire to reduce electrical noise and amplifier modulation of electrical circuit.

While the theory seem to be valid and before rewiring my dedicated circuits, I would like to have some Krell amp owners comment on the benefit of going to 220 VAC operation for those who have performed the mod.

128x128dasign
According to the MBL article, using 10 gauge wire is the first step to audio heaven

Just be careful or you WILL end up in Audio heaven......

Probably not too many Krell owners who went for 220 VAC operation.

Probably not but the amps do come with a 20 amp outlet, their stock power cords then change it down to 15 amp plug - to fit your average house here - for sales I guess.
All Krell owners I know use a 20 amp cord on a 20 amp circuit. I do with my FPB600.  

Thank you ct0517 for your caution advice...

I'm a certified electronic technician and got shocked by a few Kilovolts when trying to repair a tube-based spectrum analyser a few years ago.

My wedding ring was too close to the high-voltage wire feeding the tube display and received the biggest static shock. I was holding a screwdriver in my hand which received the shock. My arm reacted instantaneously and the screwdriver ended stuck in the ceiling of my repair shop...This was when I stopped wearing my wedding ring for a few years until I sold my repair shop.

So I guess there is no place waiting for me in heaven :-).

I got rid of the 2 Krell captive stock power cords, since I wanted to experiment with the Shunyata Anaconda CX power cords. I ended up installing a Furutech Rhodium inlet on my monoblocks and really enjoyed the audio improvements with the CX power cords.

Daniel

^^^^^

A very good reason to not wear your wedding ring. hah hah  

So I guess there is no place waiting for me in heaven :-).

Daniel

Just my personal opinion.

re: Audio Heaven - it is for Music Lovers.  Audiophiles are never happy.

Now the real authentic Heaven has room for everybody - even Audiophiles 8^0 

so what happened to the Canadiens this season ? 

Chris 
Hi Chris,

You're my favorite philisopher :-)

The Canadiens are in hockey hell rigth now...

Daniel
I have a pair of Krell amps and I am running them at 240v. Had a pair of 12/3 240v 20A cables made. If nothing else it is cheaper to run. 222 is the switch configuration for 240v