Music Recommendations

Most readitional classical music doesn't do it for me. I realy like work by James Horner, Danny elfman, etc. What other artists along this line of Classical Music would fit my tast? Are there other composers that are more dynamic ?
russb
What we call classical music was in many cases popular music in its day. Beethoven also became a weathy man from his compositions.

All of the old Operas at The Met were the "show tunes" of their day..

EXACTLY - Classical was intended to be fun and exciting - not the "pompous" way it is treated today where we all have to dress up in suits to go out. I blame some of the conductors for taking the whole classical thing and themselves WAY TO SERIOUSLY.
Try Bernard Herrmann. He did the film scores for alot of Hitchcocks movies from Vertigo,North by Northwest,Marnie, The Man Who Knew to Much, Psycho and others.Esa-Pekka Salonen with The L.A. Philharmonic does an admiral job on their Cd but their is Herrmann conducting his own stuff on Cd and Vinyl out there too.
Try The Kronos Quartet's "Winter Was Hard"-its not old "pompous"classical. Well-recorded, some might classify much of it as avant-garde, especially their take on John Zorn's "Forbidden Fruit". I believe it's on the Elektra/Nonesuch label. I have it on vinyl, dont know if its available on CD. There's also a work by modern composer Arvo Part on it ("Fratres"), as well as their take on Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings".-Mrmitch
This may be from left field,well to me yes it is,but for a 'hoot' I think a listen to 'Yo Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone' is well worth the effort.No it is not 'classical',but it is, imho,a pleasure.'Dynamic' and 'exciting' are other adjectives that come to mind.