My amp is toast

Earlier today while lisening to my system my ML333 went up in smoke. While it is probably repairable but at what price point. It had just been recapped when I bought it and still in the warentee period but that was several years ago. Needless to say I am now considering replacing it. I had looked at Pass Labs prior but could not come up with a reasonable argument for upgrading then. I am considering Pass X-260.8 pair monoblock at the upper limit of my budget or  X-250.8

I run a ARC LS27, PS DirectStream & PS Memory Player, a Magnum Dynalab  MD 809T Internet Radio Tuner and a CR-7a tapedeck with Shahinian Hawks.

I like the mix from tube feeding ss and I am pretty happy with the remaining components and see little reason to do any additional upgrading. Suggestion, comments welcome, possible other avenues worth considerine....
128x128stevea11757
I replaced a ML 336 with a pair of Parasound JC1's and have never looked back.

Hope it's an easy fix, but if not consider the JC1's.
I really like the amp over others I have and have had. It is nice to have the power even if it rarely tapped. Although, I am growing to like my Perreaux 3150 that is currently standing in for it and doing a much better job that a Bedini I had also tried.
FWIW, I loved my ML336 and would still have it had the caps not failed on me.  I didn't want to deal with that type of maintenance but loved the amplifier.
fortunately my 333 was recapped prior to me buying it (was still in warentee when I got it). Having done a bunch of research, found replacement caps (non-Philips) that were recommended. Since I do not believe it is a cap problem I am hopeful.